Financial Planning magazine honored six practitioners Sunday evening with its inaugural Influencer Awards.
The awards, which were sponsored by New York Life and MainStay Investments, are part of the magazine's 40th Anniversary celebration and were given to six practitioners that have made significant contributions to the financial planning profession.
Financial Planning awarded its Influencer Awards to:
- Contributor of the Year: Marilyn Capelli Dimitroff, president of Capelli Financial Services Inc.
- Practice Management Guru: Sheryl Garrett, found of the Garrett Planning Network Inc.
- Technology Wizard: Myra Salzer, founder of the Wealth Conservancy
- Wealth Creator: Louis P. Stanasolovich, founder, CEO and president of Legend Financial Advisors Inc. and Emerging Wealth Investment Management Inc.
- Legacy Builder: Michael Kitces, director of financial planning for Pinnacle Advisory Group and editor of The Kitces Report.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Ross Levin, the founding principal and president of Accredited Investors INc.
Tim Whiting, Financial Planning's publisher, and Marion Asnes, the magazine's editor-in-chief, hosted the awards celebration, which was held during the FPA Conference in Denver at Kevin Taylors at the Opera Restaurant.
Asnes said that the awards "honor financial advisors who have contributed to the development of the profession and worked to take it to a higher level."
The award winners will be honored in November's issue of Financial Planning and Sunday's award ceremony will be highlighted in videos and photo galleries this week.