Morningstar’s fund analysts have assigned a Gold rating to just one fund in the past weeks: T. Rowe Price Tax-Free High-Yield (PRFHX).
Meanwhile, 11 funds received negative ratings, including:
- Fidelity Overseas (FOSFX)
- Lord Abbett High Yield Municipal Bond A (HYMAX)
- Lord Abbett Natl Tax-Free Income A (LANSX)
- Schwab Target 2025 (SWHRX)
- Schwab Target 2030 (SWDRX)
- Schwab Target 2015 (SWGRX)
- Schwab Target 2010 (SWBRX)
- Schwab Target 2040 (SWERX)
- Schwab Target 2020 (SWCRX)
- Schwab Target 2035 (SWIRX)
Morningstar rolled out its Gold, Silver, Bronze rating system in the fall as a qualitative, and according to its website, it is designed as a forward-looking analyst judgment call on whether a fund is a good purchase or not.
Tommy Fernandez writes for Money Management Executive.