Vanguard has made five key investment management appointments as part of what it says is its long-standing practice of periodically rotating members of its investment management teams to broaden their experience and provide them with new responsibilities.
Among the changes are:
- Joseph Brennan, who served in Australia as the firms Asia Pacific chief investment officer (CIO) since 2009, will return to the U.S. to lead the firms Equity Index Group;
- Gregory Davis, head of the Bond Index Group since 2007, will assume the Asia Pacific CIO role;
- Josh Barrickman, a 14-year Vanguard veteran with more than ten years of experience in bond indexing portfolio management and trading, has assumed leadership of the Bond Index Group;
- John Ameriks, will oversee the Active Equity Group within the Equity Investment Group. Ameriks joined Vanguards Investment Counseling & Research Group (IC&R), which conducts investment research and helps to develop the firms investment advice methodology, in 2003;
- Catherine Gordon, a veteran investment professional who created IC&R in 2001, will reassume leadership of this group, as well as help to lead Vanguards initiatives on advice methodology and focus on institutional investment thought leadership;
We have found that there are significant benefits to our clients and our crew when we offer our investment professionals the opportunity to broaden their skill set, stated Vanguard Chief Investment Officer Tim Buckley. In addition to offering growth and development potential to individual portfolio managers, it also enables Vanguard to build an investment team that is deep, experienced, and globally oriented.