Financial Planning Pro Bono Awards
Guidelines and Eligibility
This section provides detailed information regarding the Financial Planning Pro Bono Awards participation guidelines and eligibility requirements. If you have any additional questions, please click here to send us an inquiry.
- Nominees must be active, or retired, financial planners (e.g., CFP®), registered representatives (e.g. Series 7) or registered investment advisors.
- Volunteer involvement with the nonprofit organization must be current and ongoing as of the last 12 months.
- Activities must have included pro bono financial advice and/or financial life skills education/outreach for underserved populations. (e.g., low income, high school and college students, social service agency clients, military personnel and families, individuals in a crisis situation such as violence abuse victims, affected by a catastrophic situation such as medical, death, bankruptcy, etc.)
- Finalists will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Reach: How many individuals have been served? When did the activity begin, how long did it take, and how often does it occur?
- Results: How has the impact changed the lives of the recipients of the pro bono services? Has the nominee been recognized by others as being dedicated to achieving desired results through pro bono financial life skills outreach?
- Sustainable: Is the activity replicable in other areas and with other organizations? Can the activity continue without the participation of the nominee/organization?
- Finalists will be determined by mid-June. Honorees will be announced in August by Financial Planning.
- Grant awards will be given to the winners and a runner-up:
- A $5,000 grant will be given to the nonprofit organization in which the winner is engaged to provide continued support of financial life skills outreach. Only qualified non-profit organizations and educational institutions with tax-exempt status granted under the Internal Revenue Code Section 510(c3) are eligible to receive award donations.
- A $2,500 grant will be given to the nonprofit organization in which the runner-up is engaged to provide continued support of financial life skills outreach. Only qualified non-profit organizations and educational institutions with tax-exempt status granted under the Internal Revenue Code Section 510(c3) are eligible to receive award donations.
- Nominees entry information will not be given to anyone outside of Financial Planning or the Foundation for Financial Planning.
- Finalists must agree to be interviewed, photographed, videotaped and featured in Financial Planning and on www.financial-planning.com and www.foundation-finplan.org.
- The Nomination Form must be filled out completely and include two reference letters. Incomplete forms will not be considered.
- There are two ways to nominate an advisor: online or by mail.
- Please be as specific as possible. Entries sent by mail must not be handwritten. Only those entries that meet the criteria provided for each award will be considered. Financial Planning will review only completed nomination forms that are accompanied by all supporting materials. If submitting by mail, please submit your nomination form and all supporting materials in a single packet. Materials will not be returned.
- Please submit only one category per entry form.
- Entries must be received no later than May 31, 2013.
- Due to the large volume of entries received, only the honorees will be contacted.
- INCOMPLETE NOMINATION PACKETS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Ask the Experts is an educational video series, hosted by Financial Planning that features an engaging Q&A with financial and retirement industry experts. This series, sponsored by Guardian, addresses questions and discusses how financial planners can succeed in today's 401(k) marketplace, including small-market needs, strategies, service and support as well as resources. Watch these videos to learn more.
Check out Guardian's additional resources:
> Large Plan Services for Small Plan Clients
> Help Plan Sponsors Understand their Fiduciary Responsibilities
> Learn More about Guardian Retirement SolutionsTM