FROM "TRADING ON SCARCITY," PAGE 40:
1. In April, Morningstar reclassified the Gabelli SRI Green Fund as what type?
A. World stock fund
B. Domestic stock fund
C. World alternative
D. Domestic alternative
FROM "FILED AWAY," PAGE 43:
2. How many states have adopted the Uniform Disposition of Community Property Rights at Death Act?
C. More than a dozen
FROM "PRE-PLANNING ADVICE," PAGE 111:
3. One way to guide client cash flow is to identify __ to __ categories where spending gets out of control easily.
A. One to three
B. Two to four
C. Five to six
D. Eight to 10
FROM "HARD LESSONS," PAGE 115:
4. An _____ is not counted in the Free Application for Federal Student Aid methodology.
A. Individual retirement account
B. International equity fund
C. End-of-year bonus
FROM "PREPARING FOR THE WORST," PAGE 119:
5. What savings reserve is proper for a two-income, straight-salary household where the spouses' salaries are not correlated?
A. Two years
B. 18 months
C. One year
D. Six months
FROM "BASIS TRAINING," PAGE 125:
6. The new cost basis reporting rules will apply to ____ in 2011.
A. Stock sales
B. Mutual funds, ETFs and dividend reinvestment plans
7. Current law allows couples filing jointly to report up to ___ of taxable income and owe nothing on long-term capital gains and qualified dividends.
FROM "THE REBALANCING PREMIUM," PAGE 129:
8. In a portfolio comprising 60% VTSMX and 40% VBMFX, bond funds with a higher correlation to stock funds tend to have a ___ rebalancing premium.
FROM "PRICE CONTROLS," PAGE 135:
9. According to Ibbotson Associates, the peak period of recent inflation occurred from 1973 through 1981, when prices rose by ___ a year.
FROM "COSTLY HARVEST," PAGE 141:
10. Post-liquidation is the value of the portfolio if all the long-term gains were liquidated.