As the SEC engages in the rule-making associated with its proposed uniform fiduciary standard of conduct under the Dodd-Frank Act, it likely will focus its attention on an advisor or broker's duty of loyalty and duty of care.
* Loyalty. Regulators will consider whether rule-making should prohibit certain conflicts. They also will determine whether to require firms to mitigate conflicts through specific actions, or to impose specific disclosure and consent requirements.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Financial Planning content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access