It is a common practice for doctors and attorneys to dictate their notes following an appointment, thus creating a digital record for future reference. Financial advisors should be doing the same thing. There are numerous benefits to using a service like Mobile Assistant (www.mobileassistant.us) or CopyTalk (www.copytalk.com) to transcribe notes from your meetings with clients and prospects. Here are 5 vital ones.
1. It will help you stay organized. Do you ever tire of flipping through pages in a notebook or shuffling through files looking for what you wrote during a meeting 6 months ago? Taking just 3-5 minutes at the end of each appointment to dictate your thoughts while they are fresh will ensure your notes are accurate, thorough, and in some cases, added to your CRM automatically. In other cases, transcribed notes can be e-mailed to an assistant who can print and file them or copy and paste them into a digital client record in seconds.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Financial Planning content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access