FROM "HOMEGROWN HARVEST," ON PAGE 46:
1. At the article's writing, what was the retailer Target's share price, and how far below its five-year high was its stock price?
a. $46, 20%
b. $66, 40%
c. $56, 20%
d. $36, 40%
FROM "KEEPING THE FAITH," ON PAGE 49:
2. If a Jewish client wants to avoid collecting "ribis," or loan interest, then the planner could draft a "Heter Iska" agreement to recast the transaction as a return on a(n) ______ with the borrower.
d. none of the above
FROM "OUTLOOK: 2011," ON PAGE 56:
3. Martin Murenbeeld of DundeeWealth Economics believes U.S. economic growth will remain between __ and __ in 2011.
a. 1.5%, 2.5%
b. 1%, 3%
c. 2%, 4%
d. none of the above
4. Which regulated, slow-growth equity sector is expected to lag the markets in 2011?
d. all of the above
FROM "FADING MINDS," ON PAGE 71:
5. Clients suffering from early stages of dementia may exhibit profound personality changes, with the exception of going from:
a. sensible to gullible
b. disorganized to methodical
c. trusting to paranoid
d. heedful to forgetful
FROM "Q&A: ROTH IRAS," ON PAGE 75:
6. The IRS restriction preventing married couples filing separately from converting to a Roth IRA is still in force for 2011.
FROM "MEASURING STICK," ON PAGE 79:
7. The timing, or sequence of returns, on the 40 largest mutual funds does not affect _____ performance.
FROM "TRUE VALUE," ON PAGE 83:
8. What level of losses did value funds incur during the recent three-year market slump, according to Lipper?
9. DFA's U.S. Large Cap Value Fund had an annualized return of 5.3% for the past 10 years, using a _____, not _____ a(n) strategy.
a. large-cap, active
b. true indexing, not passive
c. passive, true indexing
d. active, large-cap
FROM "STRONG FINISH," ON PAGE 86:
10. Wisdom Tree's latest ETF, under the ticker ELD, capitalizes on which category's current popularity?
a. Emerging-market bond
b. Emerging-market real estate
c. Emerging-market large blend
d. Latin American governments
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Financial Planning content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access