Social media continues to be a topic of conversation among insurance executives even though studies have indicated the insurance industry has been slow to accept and adopt the technologies. Moreover, results from a June survey show that even among insurance producers who have adopted social media a majority does not believe it is helping them to generate leads. With this in mind, Vijay Pullur, CEO and founder of SocialTwist, provided INN five tips to help insurers and producers use social media for promotions and marketing.
1. Open the dialogue. Successful social media campaigns involve identifying core constituents and engaging them. Insurers can leverage social networks such as Facebook and Twitter to connect with, rather than communicate at, users. Making customer interactions feel more personal can significantly enhance loyalty and boost retention rates.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Financial Planning content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access