"The audience is going to be 50% to 60% my guests -- mostly industry people, with 10% to 15% being other investors and those interested in finance. They'll be a lot of new faces," Brown says during a phone call. The goal, he says: Reconvening, and getting a sense of how people are feeling about the market.
"This year we’re expecting our largest crowd yet," he writes on his blog, the Reformed Broker.
Here’s a taste of the speaker lineup for the day-long event:
- Ritholtz will speak about behavioral biases.
- Brown will lead a panel with market strategists from some of the biggest brokerage firms on challenges and opportuities.
- Jack Brennan of the Vanguard Group is talking about the future of the investment advisory business.
- Credit Suisse's Michael Mauboussin will highlight takeafways from his book, The Success Equation: Untangling Skill and Luck in Business, Sports, and Investing.
- James O'Shaughnessy of O'Shaughnessy Asset Management will discuss going overseas for stocks and reasons to diversify.
For those not attending, use #TBP2013 on Twitter to follow the conference play-by-play.