Global X Funds is liquidating eight of its exchange-traded funds, including a fund focused on emerging markets and another on waste management. All of the funds trade on NYSE Arca. The eight closings, scheduled for Feb. 27, with the last day of trading on Feb. 16, are:
- Global X Emerging Markets Growth ETF
- Global X Russell Emerging Markets Value ETF
- Global X Mexico Small-Cap ETF
- Global X Oil Equities ETF
- Global X Fishing Industry ETF
- Global X Food ETF
- Global X Waste Management ETF
Global X, which introduced new ETFs at a feverish pace in 2011, said that the funds comprise less than 2% of its assets under management.
Lee Barney writes for Money Management Executive.