FROM "AT HOME, OVERSEAS," PAGE 51:
1. Over five years, the Wintergreen Fund is up ___ a year annualized, besting ____ of its peers.
A. 9.4%, 51%
B. 5.5%, 95%
C. 1.5%, 49%
D. 4.9%, 50%
FROM "TO COLLECT AND PROTECT," PAGE 55:
2. Creating a ____ or other management and leasing entity is one option to consider for unique property.
B. living trust
C. limited partnership
D. limited liability company
FROM "STAR POWER," PAGE 59:
3. LLCs structured as single-member entities do little to protect celebrities from _____.
A. large guarantees gone bad
B. an ex-spouse
C. someone suing the client personally
D. all of the above
FROM "AGE IS JUST A NUMBER," PAGE 95:
4. A married couple with $60,000 in taxable income this year might withdraw a total of $9,000 from their IRAs, because the 15% tax bracket on joint returns rose to ____ for this tax year.
FROM "TENDING MOM AND DAD," PAGE 111:
5. Acceptable IRS interest rates for intrafamily loans ranged from _____ for short-term loans of less than three years to around _____ for loans of more than nine years.
A. 0.9%, 3%
B. 0.5%, 2%
C. 3%, 6%
D. 1%, 4%
FROM "BUOYANT BONDS," PAGE 113:
6. Through the first half of this year, all taxable bond funds were up _____ a year for the prior _____ years.
A. 4.6%, 9
B. 6.5%, 11
C. 5.5%, 10
D. 7.3%, 12
FROM "MULTIPLY RETURNS BY DIVIDING," PAGE 119:
7. Over the last 10 years, the mid-cap and index funds ________ the larger-cap Vanguard 500 Index Investor.
A. underperformed against
C. broke even against
D. none of the above
8. In 2001, the Total Stock Market Index lost 1.1%, while the three-index strategy was down just 0.31%.
FROM "HIGH-ENERGY YIELDS," PAGE 123:
9. Morningstar lists ______ ETNs with MLP in their name, all of which were launched in the last ______ years.
A. seven, eight
B. four, five
C. six, three
D. eight, two-and-a-half
FROM "A GOLDEN PARACHUTE," PAGE 129:
10. The SPDR Gold Shares had _______ in assets on Aug. 22, briefly making it the world's largest ETF.
A. $74.3 billion
B. $75.9 billion
C. $76.6 billion
D. $98.1 billion
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Financial Planning content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access