Cetera Financial Group announced Monday that it is ramping up its portfolio management technology.
The network of independent broker-dealers has introduced a platform that proactively rebalances client portfolios at all account sizes for lower prices.
The platform, Premier Portfolio Management, is designed to appeal to wirehouse advisors who are considering independence, according to Cetera. While other platforms charge clients fees for statements or confirmations of transactions, the company says, Premier bundles them together.
[It] is a price-efficient way for advisors to deliver active management to all account sizes, protecting clients from the nickel-and-diming often associated with this type of portfolio management, Barnaby Grist, Ceteras executive vice president of wealth management, said in the statement. Its a great expansion to our overall offering [and] an attractive option for wirehouse advisors.
The new platform is priced for frequent trading and portfolio rebalancing, providing flexibility during periods of market uncertainty, according to Cetera. Other features include:
- Investment options: Advisors can use it to build and allocate client portfolios with a wide variety of investments, including low-cost mutual funds, stocks, ETFs, variable annuities, bonds, REITs, equities and fixed income securities.
- No transaction costs: It includes bundled or basis-point pricing that allows advisors to trade securities in an account without paying an array of separate charges.
Premier is available to investment advisor representatives at three of the companys independent broker-dealers: Cetera Advisors, Cetera Advisor Networks and Cetera Financial Specialists. It will be available at the fourth broker-dealer, Cetera Financial Institutions, later this year.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Financial Planning content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access