The Dow Jones Industrial Average picked up another 66.22 points to close at 13,212.04 Friday while the S&P 500 added 5.19 points to finish at 1,208.47.
The Nasdaq trimmed 3.79 points to close at 3,091.57.
Here are some more details from Friday’s trading session:
Dow Jones Industrial Average:
- Up two consecutive trading days and four of the last six sessions.
- Up 85.83 points, or 0.65%, over the two-day period.
- Largest two-day points and percentage gain since March 27, 2012.
- An intraday high of 13224.49 occurred at 14:46:22 today, representing an increase of 78.67 points, or 0.60%.
- An intraday low of 13147.78 occurred at the open today.
- Down 6.72% from its record close of 14164.53 on October 09, 2007.
- Up 6.75% from 52 weeks ago.
- Up 6.89% from its 2012 closing low of 12359.92 on January 06, 2012.
- Down 0.31% from its 52-week high of 13252.76 on March 15, 2012.
- Up 24.00% from its 52-week low of 10655.30 on October 03, 2011.
- Year-to-date: up 8.14%.
Dow Jones U.S. Total Stock Market Index:
- Today’s gain snaps a three-day losing streak.
- Down 7.10% (or approximately $2.2 trillion in market cap), from its record close of 15745.39 on October 09, 2007.
- Up 4.63% from 52 weeks ago.
- Up 10.76% from its 2012 closing low of 13206.64 on January 04, 2012.
- Down 0.71% from its 52-week high of 14731.65 on March 26, 2012.
- Up 29.46% from its 52-week low of 11299.07 on October 03, 2011.
- Year-to-date: up 12.35%, or approximately $1.8 trillion in market capitalization.
Data courtesy of Dow Jones Indexes.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Financial Planning content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access