The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 16.88 points to 11416.30 Tuesday in mixed trading. Stocks are down 10.88% from their closing high for 2011 of 12810.54 on April 29.
- Down 16.88 points, or 0.15%, to 11416.30
- Down two of the last three trading days.
- An intraday high of 11447.86 occurred at 12:14:14 today, representing an increase of 14.68 points, or 0.13%.
- An intraday low of 11365.67 occurred at 09:46:08 today, representing a decrease of 67.51 points, or 0.59%.
- Today’s high/low range was 82.19 points.
- Lowest intraday swing since July 20, 2011
- Today snaps a string of 55 consecutive trading days with point swings of 100 or more.
- Eleven of the 30 component stocks rose, 17 fell, two were unchanged.
- Today's top contributors to The Dow's movement and their points contribution: CAT (11.58), MCD (6.28), AXP (2.35), DD (1.89), AA (1.59).
- Today's laggards: IBM (-12.26), TRV (-5.15), CVX (-4.54), JNJ (-3.56), MRK (-3.18).
- Down 2748.23 points, or 19.40% from its record close of 14164.53 on October 9, 2007.
- Up 3.59% from 52 weeks ago.
- Up 74.37% from its 12-year closing low of 6547.05 on March 9, 2009.
- Down 10.88% from its 2011 closing high of 12810.54 on April 29.
- Up 7.14% from its 2011 closing low of 10655.30 on October 3.
- Month-to-date: up 4.61%.
- Year-to-date: down 1.39%.
- DJIA crossed zero 78 times during today's trading session.
Dow Jones U.S. Total Stock Market Index (FORMERLY KNOWN AS DOW JONES WILSHIRE 5000)
- Dow Jones U.S. Total Stock Market Index, 12348.72 (prelim)*, up 11.66 points, or 0.09%, or approximately $15.0 billion in market capitalization.
- Up two consecutive trading days and five of the last six.
- Up 9.29%, over the six-day period.
- Highest close since September 20, 2011.
- Down 3396.67, or 21.57% or approximately $4.7 trillion in market cap), from its record close of 15745.39 on October 9, 2007.
- Up 81.60% (approximately $6.5 trillion in market cap), from the 12-½ year closing low of 6800.08 on March 9, 2009.
- Up 1.95% over the past 52 weeks.
- Down 13.70% from its 2011 closing high of 14308.37 on April 29.
- Up 9.29% from its 2011 closing low of 11299.07 on October 3.
- Month-to-date: up 5.76%.
- Year-to-date: down 5.96%, or approximately $995 billion in market cap.
*The index values for the Dow Jones U.S. Total Stock Market Index are in price return and float-adjusted. Full market capitalization will continue to be used in this factoid.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Financial Planning content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access