The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 20.21 points to 11,113.12 Friday, but finished the week higher. The Dow Jones U.S. Total Stock Market Index dropped 124.39 points, or 1.03%.
- Up 189.74 points this week, or 1.74% to 11103.12
- Up two consecutive weeks and three of the last four.
- Up 3.08%, over the two-week period.
- Biggest weekly gain (points and percent) since the week period ended on September 16, 2011.
- Today: DJIA, down 20.21 points, or 0.18%.
- Today’s drop snaps a three day win streak.
- An intraday high of 11232.05 occurred at 10:25:27 today, representing an increase of 108.72 points, or 0.98%.
- An intraday low of 11051.13 occurred at 13:08:07 today, representing a decrease of 72.20 points, or 0.65%.
- The DJIA dropped 110.54 points, or 0.99%, in the final 30 minutes of trading.
- Sixteen of the 30 component stocks rose, 14 fell.
- Today's top five contributors to The Dow's movement and their points contribution: WMT (7.19), IBM (5.30), HD (4.09), KO (3.86), UTX (3.63).
- Today's bottom five laggards: JPM (-12.71), CAT (-11.88), TRV (-9.01), AXP (-7.57), MMM (-6.28).
- Down 3061.41 points, or 21.61% from its record close of 14164.53 on October 9, 2007.
- Up 0.88% from 52 weeks ago.
- Up 69.59% from its 12-year closing low of 6547.05 on March 9, 2009.
- Down 13.33% from its 2011 closing high of 12810.54 on April 29.
- Up 4.20% from its 2011 closing low of 10655.30 on October 3.
- Year-to-date: down 4.10%.
- DJIA crossed zero 37 times during today's trading session.
Dow Jones U.S. Total Stock Market Index (FORMERLY KNOWN AS DOW JONES WILSHIRE 5000)
- Dow Jones U.S. Total Stock Market Index, 11920.67 (prelim)*, up 244.17 points this week, or 2.09%, or approximately $148 billion in market capitalization.
- This week’s gain snaps a two week losing streak.
- Today: Dow Jones U.S. Total Stock Market Index, down 124.39 points, or 1.03%.
- First drop in four trading days.
- Down 3824.72 points, or 24.29% (approximately $5.2 trillion in market cap), from its record close of 15745.39 on October 9, 2007.
- Up 75.30% (approximately $6.0 trillion in market cap), from the 12-½ year closing low of 6800.08 on March 9, 2009.
- Down 1.16% over the past 52 weeks.
- Down 16.69% from its 2011 closing high of 14308.37 on April 29.
- Up 5.50% from its 2011 closing low of 11299.07 on October 3.
- Year-to-date: down 9.22%, or approximately $1.5 trillion in market cap.
*The index values for the Dow Jones U.S. Total Stock Market Index are in price return and float-adjusted. Full market capitalization will continue to be used in this factoid.
Data courtesy of Dow Jones Indexes
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Financial Planning content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access