The Dow Jones Industrial Average picked up 6.51 points to finish at 13,239.13 Monday while the Nasdaq and S&P 500 added 23.06 points and 5.58 points, respectively.
In economic news, the homebuilder sentiment index was unchanged in March with a 28 rating, holding its highest level since June 2007, while sentiment in February was revised slightly lower, according to the National Association of Home Builders.
Here are some more details from Monday’s trading session:
Dow Jones Industrial Average:
- Up eight of the past nine trading days.
- An intraday high of 13269.71 occurred at 13:24:00 today, representing an increase of 37.09 points, or 0.28%.
- An intraday low of 13208.63 occurred at 11:15:40 today, representing a decrease of 23.99 points, or 0.18%.
- Seventeen of the 30 component stocks rose, 13 fell.
- Today's top five contributors to The Dow's movement and their point contribution: AXP (5.45), XOM (4.16), JPM (3.25), CVX (3.18), DIS (1.89).
- Today's bottom five laggards: UTX (-6.51), MSFT (-3.03), IBM (-2.19), BAC (-2.04), HD (-1.67).
- Down 6.53% from its record close of 14164.53 on October 09, 2007.
- Up 102.22% from its 12-year closing low of 6547.05 on March 9, 2009.
- Up 9.99% from 52 weeks ago.
- Up 7.11% from its 2012 closing low of 12359.92 on January 06, 2012.
- Down 0.10% from its 52-week high of 13252.76 on March 15, 2012.
- Up 24.25% from its 52-week low of 10655.30 on October 03, 2011.
- Month-to-date: up 2.22%.
- Year-to-date: up 8.36%.
- DJIA crossed zero 13 times during today's trading session.
- Today's closing value is the 2nd highest so far this year.
Dow Jones U.S. Total Stock Market Index:
- Dow Jones U.S. Total Stock Market Index, 14659.54*, up 61.22 points, or 0.42%, or approximately 30.0 billion in market capitalization.
- Up three consecutive trading days and four of the last five sessions.
- Up 166.69 points, or 1.15%, over the three-day period.
- A new 52 week high.
- Highest closing value since December 31, 2007.
- Down 6.90% (approximately 2.2 trillion in market cap), from its record close of 15745.39 on October 09, 2007.
- Up 115.58% (approximately $9.0 trillion in market cap), from the 12-½ year closing low of 6800.08 on March 9, 2009.
- Up 7.90% from 52 weeks ago.
- Up 11.00% from its 2012 closing low of 13206.64 on January 04, 2012.
- Up 29.74% from its 52-week low of 11299.07 on October 03, 2011.
- Month-to-date: up 3.15%, or approximately 470 billion in market cap.
- Year-to-date: up 12.60%, or approximately 1.9 trillion in market cap.
Data courtesy of Dow Jones Indexes.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Financial Planning content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access