Fidelity Investments reported it helped 146 individual brokers and teams managing $12 billion in assets transition to a range of independent business models last year.

Of this group, nearly 45% started either a registered investment advisory firm or an independent broker-dealer, while the remaining 55%  joined an existing RIA or broker-dealer on Fidelity’s platform.

Subscribe Now

Access to premium content including in-depth coverage of mutual funds, hedge funds, 401(K)s, 529 plans, and more.

3-Week Free Trial

Insight and analysis into the management, marketing, operations and technology of the asset management industry.