LinkedIn is the most widely used social platform among financial professionals. But are you getting the most you can out of it?
Here are three quick fixes from Maggie Crowley of AdvisorWebsites:
- Add the LinkedIn “Company Follow” button to your firm’s website, giving your clients and prospects an easy way to follow your firm on LinkedIn. “That way, every time you create a new LinkedIn post, everyone who follows your company will see it,” Crowley says.
- Improve your profile description. With the LinkedIn redesign you have 120 characters at the top of your profile to tell people who you are and what you do. “Create a compelling headline for yourself that will capture readers on the first glance,” Crowley says. “Instead of ‘Financial Advisor,’ try using [a phrase] like ‘Innovative Financial Planning Professional.’”
Join groups and share your expertise. “Search for groups that fit into specific areas of your clientele, like ‘CEOs planning for retirement,’” Crowley says. “Search for questions that are being asked repeatedly and spend some time writing a really well-crafted answer that highlights your knowledge in the field.”
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Financial Planning content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access