Despite their high payouts, international stocks and funds can come with big tax bills, but there are ways to offset those hefty levies.

There is no denying the appeal of foreign equities. The dividend yield on the stocks as of mid-September in the MSCI EAFE Index are more than 3%, while the average for stocks in the S&P 500 is under 2%.

Register or login for access to this item and much more

All Financial Planning content is archived after seven days.

Community members receive:
  • All recent and archived articles
  • Conference offers and updates
  • A full menu of enewsletter options
  • Web seminars, white papers, ebooks

Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access