With a new head of research on board, Lipper announced a new set of initiatives for the second half of 2012 that involves building out research and analytical tools. The new initiatives include:
- 'CIO outsourcing' tools to help advisors and portfolio assemblers build and communicate their client investment solutions
- Educational tools enabling advisors to better tell the stories of the interaction between the macro environment and their clients' investment solutions
- Increasing use of targeted solution/outcome portfolios creating demand for custom correlated component vehicles sourced from both traditional and alternative managers
- Following more demand from individual investors for advisor services and advice-based products both in terms of face-to-face and embedded, looking to produce packaged solutions products
"The industry dynamics are changing rapidly across the globe and whether it is within areas of product innovation, distribution, or how portfolios are assembled we want to be positioned with our offering to help differentiate and provide valuable insights," said Lars Asplund, managing director and head of Lipper, who joined the firm in January 2012.
Meanwhile, Robert Jenkins joined Lipper as head of research in June 2012 and reports to Asplund. In his new role, Jenkins will be responsible for developing and managing the global research strategy and engagement across Lipper as well as expanding research across Wealth Management. He will also work closely with the Lipper leadership team to help drive key priorities and ensure that Lipper strategy is aligned with the broader Wealth Management business strategy.
Jenkins was most recently director in the financial services and asset management practice at Alix Partners. Before that he was president and CEO of Financial Research Corp. Previously, he held numerous executive and investment management roles at Fidelity and worked as a strategy consultant in McKinsey & Co.'s asset management practice.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Financial Planning content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access