Stocks gained 102.55 points Wednesday to 11,518.85, up 8.1% over the last seven trading days.
- Up 102.55 points, or 0.90%, to 11518.85
- Up five of the last seven trading days.
- Up 8.10%, over the seven-day period.
- Highest close since August 31, 2011.
- An intraday high of 11625.30 occurred at 14:33:16 today, representing an increase of 209.00 points, or 1.83%.
- An intraday low of 11417.28 occurred at the open today.
- Twenty-five of the 30 component stocks rose, five fell.
- Today's top contributors to The Dow's movement and their points contribution: MMM (14.68), AXP (9.61), DIS (8.70), IBM (8.48), CAT (7.87).
- Today's laggards: MCD (-7.42), AA (-1.89), MSFT (-0.30), HPQ (-0.23), PFE (-0.15).
- Down 2645.68 points, or 18.68% from its record close of 14164.53 on October 9, 2007.
- Up 3.81% from 52 weeks ago.
- Up 75.94% from its 12-year closing low of 6547.05 on March 9, 2009.
- Down 10.08% from its 2011 closing high of 12810.54 on April 29.
- Up 8.10% from its 2011 closing low of 10655.30 on October 3.
- Month-to-date: up 5.55%.
- Year-to-date: down 0.51%.
Dow Jones U.S. Total Stock Market Index (FORMERLY KNOWN AS DOW JONES WILSHIRE 5000)
- Dow Jones U.S. Total Stock Market Index, 12479.58 (prelim)*, up 130.86 points, or 1.06%, or approximately $157 billion in market capitalization.
- Up three consecutive trading days and six of the last seven.
- Up 10.45%, over the seven-day period.
- Highest close since September 19, 2011.
- Down 3265.81 points, or 20.74% (approximately $4.5 trillion in market cap), from its record close of 15745.39 on October 9, 2007.
- Up 83.52% (approximately $6.6 trillion in market cap), from the 12-½ year closing low of 6800.08 on March 9, 2009.
- Up 2.23% over the past 52 weeks.
- Down 12.78% from its 2011 closing high of 14308.37 on April 29.
- Up 10.45% from its 2011 closing low of 11299.07 on October 3.
- Month-to-date: up 6.88%.
- Year-to-date: down 4.96%, or approximately $837 billion.
*The index values for the Dow Jones U.S. Total Stock Market Index are in price return and float-adjusted. Full market capitalization will continue to be used in this factoid.
Data courtesy of Dow Jones Indexes
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Financial Planning content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access