Do you know what Wednesday is? Its National Administrative Professionals day! Are you planning to do anything for the assistant who takes such good care of you and your clients?
Good leaders know that their people are their greatest asset. This is especially true in our industry because financial services is a people business. Think about your own circumstances: What would you do without an administrative assistant to help you meet client needs?
Each year when this day rolls around, we always make an effort to recognize the contribution our employees make to our firm. We have done this a number of different ways, but the key thing is that they know how appreciated they are. Cards, flowers, and cash never go out of style, but here are a few creative ideas for you:
- Take them to lunch at their favorite restaurant
- Have their car washed
- Give a gift certificate to the local spa
- Invite a masseuse to your office to give chair massages
- Leave a handwritten note expressing your appreciation
- Have a pen or notebook engraved/embossed
- Offer tickets to local events
- Classy gifts: (Check out the Business Gifts section $150)
- Strictly business gifts
- Unique, high-quality gifts
- Unique, humorous gifts
These are just a few suggestions, but the possibilities are endless. For 1001 more ideas, check out the book 1001 Ways to Reward Employees by Bob Nelson.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Financial Planning content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access