Morningstar today unveiled its nominees for the Morningstar Domestic-Stock Fund Manager of the Year award.
Although Morningstar’s nine diversified domestic-equity categories have each rung up double-digit gains for the year to date through Dec. 10, this year's nominees have nevertheless made their mark in 2012, according to Greg Carlson, senior fund analyst on Morningstar’s active funds research team.
So without further ado, the 2012 nominees are:
• American Funds New Economy Team (ANEFX)
• Timothy Hartch and Michael Keller, BBH Core Select (BBTEX)
• Steve Wymer, Fidelity Growth Company (FDGRX)
• Bill Frels, Mark Henneman, and Team from Mairs & Power Growth (MPGFX)
• Bill Nygren, Oakmark (OAKMX) and Oakmark Select (OAKLX)
Morningstar will reveal its nominees for International-Stock Fund Manager of the Year on Friday, Dec. 14, and the Fixed-Income Fund Manager of the Year nominees will be posted on Monday, Dec. 17.
The firm is also introducing two new Manager of the Year awards for the growing Alternatives and Allocation categories this year to be announced on Tuesday, Dec. 18 and Wednesday, Dec. 19, respectively.
All winners will be announced in the first week of January.