The Dow Jones Industrial Average rallied up another 69.07 points Tuesday to close at 13,323.36 - its highest level since December 2007. The Nasdaq inched up 0.51 points to finish at 3,104.53 while the S&P 500 added 4.48 points to finish at 1,433.56.
Here are some more details from Tuesday's trading session:
Dow Jones Industrial Average:
- Up four of the past five trading days.
- An intraday high of 13354.34 occurred at 11:29:42 today, representing an increase of 100.05 points, or 0.75%.
- An intraday low of 13253.21 occurred at the open today, representing a decrease of 1.08 points, or 0.01%.
- Twenty-four of the 30 component stocks rose, six fell.
- Today's top five contributors to The Dow's movement and their point contribution: IBM (17.96), TRV (12.70), CAT (11.61), JPM (6.50), WMT (4.26).
- Today's bottom five laggards: HD (-4.49), KFT (-3.41), AXP (-2.25), PG (-1.94), CSCO (-0.77).
- A new 52 week high.
- Highest closing value since December 28, 2007.
- Down 5.94% from its record close 14164.53 on October 09, 2007.
- Up 103.50% from its 12-year closing low of 6547.05 on March 9, 2009.
- Up 19.97% from 52 weeks ago.
- Up 10.10% from its 2012 closing low of 12101.46 on June 04, 2012.
- Up 25.04% from its 52-week low of 10655.30 on October 03, 2011.
- Month-to-date: up 1.78%.
- Year-to-date: up 9.05%.
Dow Jones U.S. Total Stock Market Index:
Up 44.29 points, or 0.30%, or approximately $52.5 billion in market capitalization.
- Up three of the past four trading days.
- Down 5.64% (approximately $2.0 trillion in market cap), from its record close of 15745.39 on October 09, 2007.
- Up 118.48% (approximately $9.2 trillion in market cap), from the 12-½ year closing low of 6800.08 on March 9, 2009.
- Up 21.82% from 52 weeks ago.
- Up 12.49% from its 2012 closing low of 13206.64 on January 04, 2012.
- Down 0.28% from its 52-week high of 14898.12 on September 07, 2012.
- Up 31.49% from its 52-week low of 11299.07 on October 03, 2011.
- Month-to-date: up 2.16%, or approximately $365 billion in market cap.
- Year-to-date: up 14.11%, or approximately $2.0 trillion in market cap.
- Today's closing value is the 2nd highest so far this year.
Data courtesy of Dow Jones Indexes.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Financial Planning content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access