Nationwide Funds Group, the mutual fund business of Nationwide Financial, has added five new wholesalers to its sales team.
The new additions to Nationwide’s mutual funds sales team include:
• Chris Finch, divisional vice president for the West Coast. Finch joined Nationwide from John Hancock where he was a senior vice president;
• Kumar Jagdeo II, who will serve the Michigan territory as a regional vice president. Jagdeo joins Nationwide from AllianceBernstein, where he was a wholesaler;
• Court West, regional vice president for the Philadelphia, New Jersey and Delaware territories. West was previously with Salient Partners where he worked as a regional vice president;
• Glen Cohen, regional vice president for the New York City and Long Island territories. Before joining Nationwide, Cohen was a regional sales director for Fifth Third Asset Management where he focused on the distribution of separately managed accounts and mutual fund products;
• Robert Black, regional vice president for the Virginia, Maryland and Washington, D.C. territories. Black joins Nationwide from Putnam Investments, where he worked as a regional marketing director.
"We are expanding our sales team as a result of the strong growth of our retail mutual fund business,” stated Michael Spangler, president of Nationwide Funds Group.
“With our recent expansion of investment offerings, including the successful adoptions of the UBS Global Equity Fund and UBS High Yield Fund into the Nationwide Global Equity Fund and Nationwide High Yield Bond Fund, and more expansion planned for 2013, we continue to execute on our strategy of offering a complete lineup of funds that provide long-term, above average performance at below average cost.”
As of December 31, 2012, Nationwide Funds Group manages 91 funds with approximately $45 billion in assets.