Talk about a miraculous recovery. Scanning the exchange-traded product market, we found 10 funds and notes that posted a minimum of double-digit losses in 2014 and rebounded to at least double-digit gains in the year ending on Dec. 17. The story of natural gas this year has been key to boosting the top funds in the group that shorted natural gas futures contracts. There are far more funds that have experienced the reverse narrative this year. We’ve also gathered those ETFs that were previous top performers, plunging from double-digit gains in 2014 to double digit losses in 2015.
The following data is from Morningstar. To view this content as a slideshow version, click here. -- Andrew Shilling and Suleman Din
- On the Look Out for Dividend ETF Standouts
- Kitces: Protecting ETFs in a Crash
- Money Magnets: 5 New ETFs with the Most Assets
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Financial Planning content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access