The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 14.64 points Friday to close at 13,306.64 while the Nasdaq and S&P 500 added 0.61 points and 5.80 points, respectively.
Here are some more details from Friday's trading session:
Dow Jones Industrial Average:
This week: up 215.80 points, or 1.65% (rounded)
- Best week since the week period ending July 27, 2012.
- Up seven of the past nine weeks.
Today: up 14.64 points, or 0.11%
- Up three consecutive trading days and four of the last five.
- Up 270.70 points, or 2.08%, over the three-day period.
- Largest three-day points and percentage gain since August 07, 2012.
- An intraday high of 13320.27 occurred at 09:43:50 today, representing an increase of 28.27 points, or 0.21%.
- An intraday low of 13266.22 occurred at the open today, representing a decrease of 25.78 points, or 0.19%.
- Today's session had a high/low trading range of 54.05 points?its narrowest since August 20, 2012.
- Fifteen of the 30 component stocks rose, 15 fell.
- Today's top five contributors to The Dow's movement and their point contribution: CAT (25.63), CVX (7.51), XOM (7.20), DD (5.50), JPM (4.72).
- Today's bottom five laggards: KFT (-17.96), WMT (-7.67), INTC (-6.97), MMM (-3.56), VZ (-3.33).
- A new 52-week high.
- Highest closing value since December 28, 2007.
- Down 6.06% from its record close of 14164.53 on October 09, 2007.
- Up 103.25% from its 12-year closing low of 6547.05 on March 9, 2009.
- Up 21.06% from 52 weeks ago.
- Up 9.96% from its 2012 closing low of 12101.46 on June 04, 2012.
- Up 24.88% from its 52-week low of 10655.30 on October 03, 2011.
- Month-to-date: up 1.65% (rounded).
- Year-to-date: up 8.91%.
- DJIA crossed zero 79 times during today's trading session.
Dow Jones U.S. Total Stock Market Index:
This week: up 355.04 points, or 2.44%
- Best week since the week period ending June 08, 2012.
- Up six of the past eight weeks.
Today: up 64.75 points, or 0.44%, or approximately $74.3 billion in market capitalization.
- Up two consecutive trading days and four of the last five sessions.
- Up 359.51 points, or 2.47%, over the two-day period.
- Largest two-day points and percentage gain since July 27, 2012.
- A new 52-week high.
- Highest closing value since December 26, 2007.
- Down 5.38% (approximately $1.9 trillion in market cap), from its record close of 15745.39 on October 09, 2007.
- Up 119.09% (approximately $9.2 trillion in market cap), from the 12-½ year closing low of 6800.08 on March 9, 2009.
- Up 24.28% from 52 weeks ago.
- Up 12.81% from its 2012 closing low of 13206.64, hit on Wednesday, January 04, 2012.
- Up 31.85% from its 52-week low of 11299.07 on October 03, 2011.
- Month-to-date: up 2.44%, or approximately $413 billion in market cap.
- Year-to-date: up 14.43%, or approximately $2.1 trillion in market cap.
Data courtesy of Dow Jones Indexes.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Financial Planning content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access