Tax-efficient investing has always been important. It will become even more so as the Bush tax cuts come to an end on Dec. 31. The top 2% of income earners with total family income above $250,000 will especially be hit hard. Some call it the largest tax increase in history. Here’s want you need to do to help your clients to prepare for 2011.
1) Tell clients to stop making 401(k) contributions once they have put in the maximum that their employer will match. Wait until 2011 to start maximizing 401(k) contributions again.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Financial Planning content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access