If I terminate my employment in January of 2013, can I contribute to my Roth IRA?

You can contribute to a Roth IRA next year if you have compensation from employment. If you have no compensation of your own but you are married and your spouse has compensation, you can make a spousal Roth IRA contribution using her compensation. In either case, your total income cannot exceed $178,000 for 2013 to make a full Roth IRA contribution.

I converted an IRA to a Roth IRA in December of 2010. I have to pay the final taxes on it this tax year.

I had wages of $23,000.00 this year and plan to make a $6,000.00 contribution this year into my Roth IRA. I am retired and this could be the last year that I have wages. I have heard that other income qualifies for contributions to a Roth IRA.

Is this income stock dividends? Is there any other income that qualifies as income, so I can make a contribution to my Roth IRA in future years?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You need compensation to make a Roth IRA contribution. Compensation includes wages, tips, and earned income from self-employment. Stock dividends are not considered compensation.

I have run across your articles on the web.  I have a question that you may have answered previously.  My wife is 57 and is the recipient of a beneficiary IRA worth about $100K from her step-mother, who was already taking distributions.  My wife is now taking RMDs each year on her life expectancy.  We moved it from her step-mom's custodian to our investment advisor's firm and retitled it properly.

It is currently in various mutual funds.  Can she invest this into an annuity for purposes of gaining a fixed income and reducing stock market risk? 

Yes. She can invest the inherited IRA money in an IRA annuity, which is sometimes called a qualified annuity. She will have to continue taking death distributions from that inherited IRA annuity