The Dow Jones Industrial Average rallied up another 113.90 points to finish at 13,204.62 Thursday while the Nasdaq added 21 points and the S&P 500 moved up 9.29 points to close at 1,399.98.
Here are some more details from Thursday’s trading session:
Dow Jones Industrial Average:
- Up three consecutive trading days and four of the last five sessions.
- Up 277.45 points, or 2.15% (rounded), over the three-day period.
- Largest three-day points and percentage gain since March 15, 2012.
- Largest one-day points and percentage gain since April 17, 2012.
- An intraday high of 13227.82 occurred at 15:23:22 today, representing an increase of 137.10 points, or 1.05%.
- An intraday low of 13075.96 occurred at 09:30:20 today, representing a decrease of 14.76 points, or 0.11%.
- Highest closing value since April 02, 2012.
- Twenty-four of the 30 component stocks rose, six fell.
- Today's top five contributors to The Dow's movement and their point contribution: CVX (17.94), IBM (15.21), WMT (12.03), UTX (10.90), TRV (7.49).
- Today's bottom five laggards: XOM (-5.90), MSFT (-0.68), BA (-0.68), DD (-0.45), HD (-0.30).
- Down 6.78% from its record close of 14164.53 on October 09, 2007.
- Up 99.95% from its 12-year closing low of 6547.05 on March 9, 2009.
- Up 3.46% from 52 weeks ago.
- Up 6.83% from its 2012 closing low of 12359.92 on January 06, 2012.
- Down 0.45% from its 52-week high of 13264.49 on April 02, 2012.
- Up 23.93% from its 52-week low of 10655.30 on October 03, 2011.
- Month-to-date: down 0.06%.
- Year-to-date: up 8.08%.
- Today's closing value is the 7th highest so far this year.
Dow Jones U.S. Total Stock Market Index:
Dow Jones U.S. Total Stock Market Index, 14541.32*, up 100.65 points, or 0.70%, or approximately $123 billion in market capitalization.
- Up three consecutive trading days and four of the last five.
- Up 357.92 points, or 2.52%, over the three-day period.
- Largest three-day points and percentage gain since February 03, 2012.
- Highest closing value since April 03, 2012.
- Down 7.65% (rounded) (approximately $2.3 trillion in market cap), from its record close of 15745.39 on October 09, 2007.
- Up 113.84% (approximately $8.9 trillion market cap), from the 12-½ year closing low of 6800.08 on March 9, 2009.
- Up 1.89% from 52 weeks ago.
- Up 10.11% from its 2012 closing low of 13206.64 on January 04, 2012.
- Down 1.35% (rounded) from its 52-week high of 14740.15 on April 02, 2012.
- Up 28.69% from its 52-week low of 11299.07 on October 03, 2011.
- Month-to-date: down -0.59% or approximately $101 billion in market cap.
- Year-to-date: up 11.69% or approximately $1.7 trillion in market cap.
Data courtesy of Dow Jones Indexes.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Financial Planning content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access