Global X Funds is liquidating eight of its exchange-traded funds, including a fund focused on emerging markets and another on waste management. All of the funds trade on NYSE Arca. The eight closings, scheduled for Feb. 27, with the last day of trading on Feb. 16, are:
- Global X Emerging Markets Growth ETF
- Global X Russell Emerging Markets Value ETF
- Global X Mexico Small-Cap ETF
- Global X Oil Equities ETF
- Global X Fishing Industry ETF
- Global X Food ETF
- Global X Waste Management ETF
Global X, which introduced new ETFs at a feverish pace in 2011, said that the funds comprise less than 2% of its assets under management.
Lee Barney writes for Money Management Executive.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Financial Planning content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access