The Dow Jones Industrial lost 8.70 points Monday to close at 12,871.39 while the S&P 500 and Nasdaq added 3.35 points and 16.18 points, respectively.
In economic news, the U.S. ISM manufacturing index declined for the first time in three years, slipping to a 49.7 score in June compared to 53.5 in May. Most economists were forecasting a 52.0 reading.
Here are some more details from Monday’s trading session:
Dow Jones Industrial Average:
- Down two of the past three trading days.
- An intraday high of 12902.12 occurred at 09:45:59 today, representing an increase of 22.03 points, or 0.17%.
- An intraday low of 12795.48 at 11:11:30 today, representing a decrease of 84.61 points, or 0.66%
- Sixteen of the 30 component stocks rose, 14 fell.
- Today's top five contributors to The Dow's movement and their point contribution: AXP (6.36), KO (5.52), JPM (4.16), T (4.09), VZ (3.71).
- Today's bottom five laggards: CAT (-9.31), DD (-8.63), BA (-8.48), UTX (-3.71), MCD (-3.41).
- Down 9.13% from its record close of 14164.53 on October 09, 2007.
- Up 96.60% from its 12-year closing low of 6547.05 on March 9, 2009.
- Up 2.29% from 52 weeks ago.
- Up 6.36% from its 2012 closing low of 12101.46 on June 04, 2012.
- Down 3.07% from its 52-week high of 13279.32 on May 01, 2012.
- Up 20.80% from its 52-week low of 10655.30 on October 03, 2011.
- Year-to-date: up 5.35%.
- DJIA crossed zero 8 times during today's trading session.
Dow Jones U.S. Total Stock Market Index:
14149.91, up 49.67 points, or 0.35%, or approximately $54.2 billion in market capitalization.
- Up two consecutive trading days and four of the last five sessions.
- Up 399.94 points, or 2.91%, over the two-day period.
- Largest two-day points and percentage gain since June 06, 2012.
- Highest closing value since May 08, 2012.
- Down 10.13% (approximately $2.8 trillion in market cap), from its record close of 15745.39 on October 09, 2007.
- Up 108.08% (approximately $8.4 trillion in market cap), from the 12-½ year closing low of 6800.08 on March 9, 2009.
- Up 0.74% from 52 weeks ago.
- Up 7.14% from its 2012 closing low of 13206.64 on January 04, 2012.
- Down 4.00% from its 52-week high of 14740.15 on April 02, 2012.
- Up 25.23% from its 52-week low of 11299.07 on October 03, 2011.
- Year-to-date: up 8.68%, or approximately $1.3 trillion in market cap.
Data courtesy of Dow Jones Indexes.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Financial Planning content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access