Ameriprise enticed away a Morgan Stanley advisor who generated $1 million in annual revenue, according to a spokesman for the regional broker-dealer.
Advisor John Poulton joined Ameriprise's Providence, R.I., office. Poulton managed $125 million in client assets while at Morgan. He is a 3-decade veteran of the financial services industry, according to FINRA records. Poulton started his career in 1984 with Lehman Brothers, and later worked at Salomon Smith Barney and Wachovia. He joined Morgan in 2009.
Minneapolis-based Ameriprise recently recruited another Morgan Stanley advisor, Christopher Knust. He joined Ameriprise's Omaha, Neb., office in May. Knust generated $1 million in annual revenue and managed $147 million in client assets, according to a spokesperson for Ameriprise.
- Merrill Lynch Complex Director Promoted to Market President
- The Top Regional and Wirehouse Broker-Dealers
- Advisors on the Move: Stifel Recruits Advisors With $500 Million AUM
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Financial Planning content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access