Raymond James is on a recruiting spree. The regional wealth management firm, which recently enticed away $1M advisor-teams from Merrill Lynch and Wells Fargo, announced today that it had landed a UBS team with $1.9 million in production for its Charlotte, N.C., office.
Advisors Gene Marx Hunter and Catherine Hunter managed more than $227 million in client assets while at UBS. The advisor-duo will operate as Marx Wealth Management of Raymond James.
I am pleased to welcome Gene and Catherine to Raymond James, Ed Ferguson, Charlotte branch manager at Raymond James & Associates said in a statement. They are an exceptional team, bringing years of experience and a proven track record of outstanding client service. We look forward to providing the support they need to grow their practice and serve their clients.
Marx has 23 years of experience in the financial services industry, having worked at Smith Barney in addition to UBS. He is a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and has a masters of business administration from Tulane University.
Hunter has 17 years of experience in the industry, having also worked at Smith Barney as a registered marketing associate. She is a graduate of the University of Georgia.
- Advisors on the Move: UBS Nabs $2.6M Producers, Merrill Team Defects to HighTower
- Raymond James Lands Million-dollar Merrill Team
- Raymond James Nabs $1M Team From Wells Fargo
- Raymond James Lures Away $2.2M Advisor From Merrill Lynch
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Financial Planning content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access