15 recruiting trends to watch next year
1. LPL’s massive acquisition touches off a recruiting fight
2. Will the Broker Protocol collapse in 2018?
3. Will the fiduciary disruption spill into 2018?
4. Can Wells Fargo’s recruiting efforts overcome its scandal-plagued brand issues?
5. Will the industry’s diversity improve in 2018?
6. Will RIAs meet the succession challenge?
7. A missing component in the bank channel
Signage is displayed on the exterior of a U.S. Bank branch in Provo, Utah, U.S., on Tuesday, July 14, 2009. U.S. Bancorp, parent company of U.S. Bank, will report second quarter results on July 22. Photographer: George Frey/Bloomberg
8. How tech will help recruiting while reducing the number of advisors
9. Which breakaway brokers will the platforms add next?
10. Can IBDs win and retain breakaway RIA advisors?
11. Coming off a banner year for recruiting, can the regional BDs keep up the momentum in 2018?
12. How will the industry leverage college planning programs?
13. What will be the next IBD consolidation?
14. Which way will RIA M&A deal flow go?
15. Musical chairs in the bank channel